The entire Danfoss portfolio of refrigeration components are now qualified for three A2L ultra-low GWP refrigerants: R454C, R455A, and R1234yf.
This complements the previous qualification of the T2/TE expansion valves in July 2020.
In response to demand from customers who want to use A2L ultra-low GWP alternatives to R404A and R134a, Danfoss did an upgrade.
A thorough qualification process has been followed as these ultra-low GWP refrigerants are mildly flammable—carrying the ASHRAE classification A2L—and therefore subject to additional safety requirements.
Danfoss now offers an extended portfolio including product codes with flare connectors (e.g. TE2, TE5) as well as A2L-specific versions of all-electric components—including a dedicated pressure switch range—to prevent ignition.
Also this month Danfoss has released a MiniPack solution to make transcritical CO2 more accessible to small format stores.
By switching over to CO2 from HFCs, food retailers can reduce their stores’ Global Warming Potential (GWP) to as low as 1.
When implemented properly, transcritical CO2 systems can also reduce costs and increase reliability—an attractive proposition for any store owner.
But while transcritical CO2 has, up until now, been the domain of supermarkets with large-scale refrigeration equipment, more and more small format stores are looking at it with a keen interest. And while transcritical CO2 has the reputation for being complex and difficult to work with, new technology is making it more accessible and easier to implement; technology like the new CO2 MiniPack Solution available from Danfoss.
By combining five 100% compatible products into a single solution, the CO2 MiniPack Solution delivers several key benefits:
- CO2 made easy: fast setup and installation, even without extensive CO2 know-how
- Compact and reliable: a small system footprint, designed to be fully serviceable
- Complete and convenient: five compatible products in a single solution for complete application control
- Reduced operational costs: optimal energy efficiency and pack security while keeping food safety in focus
The CO2 MiniPack solution is composed of five new products:
- CCMT Light - A highly reliable electric pressure–regulating valve optimized for transcritical CO2 refrigeration.
- AK-PC 572 Pack Controller - A complete pack solution for small store retailers that makes using CO₂ approachable, even for those with little-to-no experience using it.
- EKE 2U - A backup power module designed to enhance system reliability and protect the compressor in case of power loss.
- EKE 1P – Used as an extension module for other Danfoss controllers or as a stepper valve driver.
- VLT FC280 - A VLT refrigeration drive designed to reduce refrigeration system costs.
The CO2 MiniPack Solution also includes a graphic display, a filter drier, and pressure and temperature sensors. Order the components individually and build your solution for small stores according to your specifications.